Industrial control panels (ICPs) are defined by the National Fire Protection Agency’s National Electrical Code (NEC as an assembly of two or more power circuit components, control circuit components, or any combination of power and control circuit components.
UL® is a leader in certifying ICPs, and maintains close relationships with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs). This partnership allows control panel manufacturers, such as Advanced Automation, to label industrial control panels directly. The program covers certification for U.S. and Canadian markets. Also unique to this program is the required training for panel shops that want to be a part of the program.
Custom UL508A Industrial Control Panels
Advanced Automation has the knowledge and skill to design and build the panels needed to make your industrial control panel function efficiently and safety from our in-house panel-shop located in Dover, NH.
Advanced Automation is certified to assemble panels for both US and Canadian markets.
- Advanced Automation’s Certification for Industrial Control Panels: NITW.E517988
- Advanced Automation’s Certification for Industrial Control Panels for Canada: NITW7.E517988
Our control panel certifications include (but not limited to), industrial machinery, elevator control, service equipment, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, fountain control, irrigation equipment, crane and flame control panels, and marine use panels. With widespread acceptance of the UL mark by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.
What is UL?
- UL stands for Underwriters Laboratories, an independent testing company that regulates safety standards and recognized by authorities having jurisdiction.
- The UL508a program is a safety standard that applies to industrial control panels, rated 600V or less.
- Industrial control panels having UL508a labels can be easily approved by third party inspectors.
- Building inspectors typically approve new equipment installations when control panels have UL508a ceritfication labels adhered as it certifies that applicable safety standards have been met.
- The UL508a is a code panel shops are required to follow for certification of the panel. The code dictates what parts and components can be used, how certain components must be used, and wiring/labeling practices that must be followed.
Advanced Automation is a UL Listed Industrial Control Panel Manufacturer. UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions.
Advanced Automation’s engineers are trained and certified in NFPA 79 Electrical Standards for Industrial Machinery and NFPA 70, the National Electric Code.